Kern River Brewing Company was established in Kernville in 2005. Currently operating two adjacent brewpubs with 7 bbl and 20 bbl brewhouses. Kernville is located at the southern edge of Sequoia National forest and is known as a place of adventure, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities. On any given day, the outdoor enthusiast enjoys activities ranging from the excitement of whitewater rafting, kayaking, downhill skiing, horseback riding, windsurfing, water-skiing, mountain biking and climbing. If a more relaxing day is preferred, people can enjoy fishing, hiking, camping, sailing, antiquing, and bird watching or simply kicking back at the brewery and taking in the spectacular views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Does driving around promoting and selling award-winning beer sound like your dream job? Kern River Brewing Company is looking for a proven sales professional to join our team – so if you are a hard-working, self-motivated person with passion and knowledge of craft beer, continue!
As a Server, you are the key to building a positive relationship with our guests by providing warm, engaging, professional and knowledgeable service. Previous experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment is required.
- Create awesome, memorable experiences for every guest
- KRBC menu expert and help guests make menu selections
- Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Perform opening/closing duties according to shift assignment.
- Welcome each guest with a friendly greeting and a smile.
- Serve high-quality food/drinks and checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
- Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware. Maintains table cleanliness.
- Speak to guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks and service.
- Present bills, accept payments, operates POS system.
- Able to respond to guest complaints.
- Perform side work during shift downtime including but not limited, restocking condiment holders, cleaning work areas, stocking up salad and mustard bar, etc.
- Be a team player at all times
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Able to prioritize.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all policies and laws.
- Communicates with managers and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Receives direction and training.
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- 18 years or older (serving alcohol) for Server and 21 and older for Bartender.
- California certificate for Serving Alcohol
- California Food Handlers Card
- A minimum of 1-year full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Mature judgment in handling all matters.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle cash, give change and balance cash at the end of shift.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Continuously bend, reach, twist and use your hands and arms.
- Positive attitude and a smile.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour plus tips.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position Head Brewer of KRBC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com