Kern River Brewing Company was established in Kernville in 2005. Currently operating two adjacent brewpubs with 7 bbl and 20 bbl brewhouses. Kernville is located at the southern edge of Sequoia National forest and is known as a place of adventure, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities. On any given day, the outdoor enthusiast enjoys activities ranging from the excitement of whitewater rafting, kayaking, downhill skiing, horseback riding, windsurfing, water-skiing, mountain biking and climbing. If a more relaxing day is preferred, people can enjoy fishing, hiking, camping, sailing, antiquing, and bird watching or simply kicking back at the brewery and taking in the spectacular views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Does driving around promoting and selling award-winning beer sound like your dream job? Kern River Brewing Company is looking for a proven sales professional to join our team – so if you are a hard-working, self-motivated person with passion and knowledge of craft beer, continue!
The Sales Representative will grow, guide, and maintain business account relationships to retain success in existing accounts and bring in new sales. Increasing brand awareness, expanding placement opportunities, improving product sales and maintaining exceptional account relations are of the utmost importance. This position works closely with our board of directors and brewery manager.
- Applicants must reside or be willing to reside in Bakersfield, Ca. to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or two years’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- This position requires you to have a clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), a valid driver’s license, reliable car ownership with active auto insurance (car allowance).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must occasionally be available to work: nights, weekends and more than 40 hrs/week.
- Strong work ethic; ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Must be personable and professional.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with a limited amount of direction.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Sales data collection and analysis experience.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and negotiating skills.
- Active listening – understanding that your goals can only be achieved by listening to customers needs.
- Social Awareness – being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do and being able to act accordingly.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to move products, hang merchandise and fulfill other physical requirements, including repetitive lifting, bending, and pulling/pushing.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move 150 lbs.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drive
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an avid Kern River Brewing ambassador, embodying our mission, vision, and values at all times and be passionate about Craft Beer.
- Full knowledge of company policies, products, packaging and pricing.
- With social grace, aggressively pursue new key accounts.
- Maintain existing accounts w/emphasis on good relations.
- Increase shelf space and position.
- Audit individual accounts after each visit.
- Educate store management on the distinct platforms that make up our brand and engage different levels of personnel, management and decision makers throughout departments of the store.
- Communicate effectively with KRBC headquarters while working remotely.
- Place accurate and timely orders.
- Organize an efficient schedule, including a daily route along with a monthly quarterly and yearly plan.
- Utilize stop-by techniques.
- Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on buying trends.
- Develop account goals and business plans and ensure plan execution.
- Prepare monthly paperwork on time in a neat, legible, and professional manner.
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts.
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities, including presenting at sales and ABP meetings, riding with distributor sales personnel, and distributing new sales material.
- Ensure consistency with all marketing and sales activities as well as company policies and procedures.
- Assist with draft issues and installs as needed.
- Maintain draft lines to ensure beer quality.
- Attend special events and in-store promotions
- Maintain self-education on KRBC brands and the craft beer industry in general.
- Travel throughout California will be required.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- While performing required duties, the employee is continuously required to: drive a car, view objects at close and distant ranges, and communicate with others.
- While performing required duties, the employee is frequently required to: utilize a computer, sit, stand, use simple and fine grasping, lift up to 50lbs, move up to 150 lbs (a ½ bbl keg) and use warehouse and office equipment.
- The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision offered
- KRBC Food and Merch discounts
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position Head Brewer of KRBC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com