Kern River Brewing Company was established in Kernville in 2005. Currently operating two adjacent brewpubs with 7 bbl and 20 bbl brewhouses. Kernville is located at the southern edge of Sequoia National forest and is known as a place of adventure, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities. On any given day, the outdoor enthusiast enjoys activities ranging from the excitement of whitewater rafting, kayaking, downhill skiing, horseback riding, windsurfing, water-skiing, mountain biking and climbing. If a more relaxing day is preferred, people can enjoy fishing, hiking, camping, sailing, antiquing, and bird watching or simply kicking back at the brewery and taking in the spectacular views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Does driving around promoting and selling award-winning beer sound like your dream job? Kern River Brewing Company is looking for a proven sales professional to join our team – so if you are a hard-working, self-motivated person with passion and knowledge of craft beer, continue!
Kitchen employees at KRBC take part in all aspects of preparing, assembling, grilling, frying, cooking, and dishwashing, as well as restaurant cleaning and upkeep. This is an entry-level position that will provide an opportunity to grow within an exciting company.
- Strong preference is given to candidates with prior cooking experience, although not required.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Reliable Transportation to and from work is required
- CA food handlers certificate required
- Ability in maintaining a clean, well-functioning cooking area
- Adhere to all company policies
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A passion for food!
- Enjoys working under pressure and at a fast pace
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team with minimal supervision
- Have the ability to develop positive work relationships with restaurant staff and work as part of a team
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Be able to follow recipes and sanitation requirements
- Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen
- Work approximately 25-30 hours per week. We are flexible with schedules.
- Strong work ethic, team focus, and commitment to guest service.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching frequently.
POSITION PAY AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is an hourly paid position, starting wage $12/hour.
- This is a part-time position with variable hours. Nights and weekends required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position Head Brewer of KRBC, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org